Skip to main content

Glimmer Hot Foil Birthday Cards

Today's cards are part of my stash-busting series.  This is where I look around my craft room and grab a bunch of supplies that I haven't yet had the chance to use.  The results yielded two glimmer hot foiled birthday cards.
I used the smooshing technique to apply Mustard Seed and Worn Lipstick Distress Oxide inks onto white card panels.  After the panels were dry, I used the Spellbinders Glimmer Hot Foil System along with the Scattered Flowers and Diamonetta Background Glimmer plates to add Aura Glimmer Hot foil to the card panels.   The card panels were mounted onto pink cardstock.  I used the same Aura foil to glimmer the Happy Birthday sentiment onto white cardstock.  


I cut the sentiment using a Momenta nesting border die.  I used a slightly larger border die to cut a sentiment border from the pink cardstock.  I cut pink and yellow flowers using the Sizzix Spring Things die set.  I ran the flowers and sentiment border through the Project Life Adventure embossing folder.  I also die-cut white cardstock using one of the backgrounds from the Sizzix Creative Backgrounds die set.


On the Diamonetta glimmered background, I adhered the white border to the right side of the card and used foam tape to adhere the layered sentiment so that it slightly overlapped the white die-cut border.  I layered up the embossed flowers and popped them up with foam tape on the right side of the sentiment.  I added some adhesive bling to the centers of the flowers.


For the shaker card, I wrapped the card panel using a piece of plastic packaging and adhered the packing to the back of the card panel using double-sided adhesive.  Before adhering the plastic to the top of the card, I shook some pink, white, and yellow glitter down the front of the card.  I used double-sided tape to adhere the layered sentiment and flower to the front of the card.


The thin shaker card is an ideal way to use up the glitter in your stash and is perfect for mailing since it has very little dimension.  I also love the dimension that the embossing folder gave to the flowers.  


Take a look around your craft room and see what you can create from those neglected supplies.  Stay tuned for more stash-busting projects.

Glimmer Hot Foil Birthday Cards
Supplies:
  • Accent Opaque White Cardstock 100lb
  • Recollections Cardstock - White
  • AC Cardstock - Fireberry and Lemon
  • Distress Oxide Inks - Mustard Seed and Worn Lipstick
  • Spellbinders Glimmer Hot Foil System
  • Spellbinders Glimmer Hot Foil - Aura
  • Spellbinders Glimmer Plates - Scattered Flowers Background and Diamonetta Background
  • Spellbinders Scalloped Rectangle Glimmer Kit of the Month - February 2021
  • Momenta Nested Large Border Cutting Templates
  • Sizzix Thinlits - Creative Backgrounds
  • Sizzix Thinlits - Spring Things
  • Project Life Adventure Embossing Folders
  • Recollections Bling Stickers
  • Recollections Memory Explosion Box Assorted Glitter Set
  • Foam Tape
  • Double-Sided Tape

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost in the Inky Darkness

Today's card features a few of the new Tim Holtz Sizzix and Ranger Halloween products.  I could not wait to use the Tim Holtz Skulls 3-D Texture Fades embossing folder and combine it with Distress inks and spray stains. I started by inking the flat side of the embossing folder with Black Soot Distress Archival Ink.  I sprayed a panel of water color paper with water and carefully placed this paper into the embossing folder. I ran the embossing folder through my Sizzix Big Shot 3 times. I took the embossed panel out of the embossing folder and cleaned the embossing folder with StazOn All-Purpose Stamp Cleaner. Next, I sprayed the panel with Tim Holtz Decayed Distress Mica Stain.  This gave it a green tinge with a hint of sparkle.  I decided to seal the card panel by dipping a foam blending pad into Distress Micro Glaze and dabbing this onto the card panel.  I glued a black cardstock matte behind the embossed panel and adhered it to a white card base. For the sentiment, I used the &qu

Tim Holtz Spencer Halloween Card

I can't get enough of Tim Holtz's Colorize Spencer die set.  The detail and dimension of this image is absolutely amazing.  Today's card features Spencer, 3-D embossing folders, and a few other Tim Holtz Halloween dies sets. The main card panel was made by embossing a piece of silver foil cardstock using the Sizzix 3-D Textured Impressions Pinwheel embossing folder.  I watered down a few drops of black acrylic paint and used a paint brush to brush the paint onto the embossed panel.  I let the paint dry for about a minute and then took a paper towel to rub off the excess paint.  I adhered this panel to a black card base. The smaller card panel was made by embossing a piece of black cardstock with the Tim Holtz Sizzix 3-D Texture Fades Mini Cobblestone embossing folder.  I added a few drops of Sterling Distress Foundry Wax to a craft mat and used my finger to apply the Foundry Wax to the embossed panel.  I added a black matte behind this embossed panel and adhered it at an an

First Day of School

Today's layout was inspired by @christys_beautiful_life 30 Days of Sketches Round 8, Day 3.  I decided to focus the layout on a photo of this year's first day of school. The layout has several sketched circles.  I decided to break out the sewing machine and sew a few black circles using a variety of stitches.   The Scraptember challenge combined with this sketch was layering. So I grabbed the Simple Stories Smarty Pants collection and layered up a bunch of the branding strips and the patterned papers found on the journaling cards. I used the letter stickers from the collection to create the title.  I also used some of the stickers to embellish the title and photo, and also to create an embellishment cluster in the upper right corner of the layout.  To finish off the layout, I splattered it with black ink. I love the 30 Days of Sketches because it is a great way to use up older collections and challenges me to utilize techniques that I don't often use in my layouts. First Da