Skip to main content

You Can Never Have Too Many Sprinkles

I finally had some time to experiment with my first Concord & 9th Turnabout Stamp Set.  I started out by stamping 4 different Distress Oxide inks onto white cardstock using the Sprinkles Turnabout stamp set.  The cupcake stamps included in this set were too small for the type of card I wanted to make, so I searched through my stash and found a Recollections Cupcake stamp and die set that I knew would be the perfect fit.
I wanted to create a shaker card with sprinkles, so I used some small bugle beads in coordinating colors as the shaker bits.  I also made a coordinating card with some of the leftover cupcake die cuts and confetti background paper.  To add a little bit of sparkle, I brushed a Wink of Stella clear glitter marker over the pink frosting and sentiment.
For the next set of cards, I wanted to go with a pastel color scheme.  I used the same colors of Distress Oxide inks but this time I stamped them on kraft colored cardstock.  To create the cupcakes, I used StazOn ink to stamp the cupcakes and liners onto glitter paper. I also stamped the sentiment included in this set onto the same glitter paper.  For the shaker cards, I used a small sprinkle punch that I purchased many years ago to punch out the glitter sprinkles.  It was difficult to punch through the thick glitter paper so I wasn't able to punch as many sprinkles as I would have liked.  I mixed the glitter sprinkles with silver confetti.

I die cut so many cupcakes out of glitter paper that I just had to use them all up.  Since I could not muster the strength to physically punch any more sprinkles, I wasn't able to make any more shaker cards.  For most of the other backgrounds, I glued the leftover sprinkles and confetti to the cardstock.  It was tedious work but well worth it in the end.  I was up to my ears in glitter cupcakes and ended up making 5 different designs.  They are so cute and can't wait to send them out to friends and family.

You Can Never Have Too Many Sprinkles
Supplies:
  • Concord & 9th Sprinkles Turnabout Stamp Set
  • Recollections Glitzy Cupcake Stamp and Die Set
  • Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Inks - Cracked Pistachio, Picked Rasberry, Salty Ocean, and Wilted Violet
  • StazOn Solvent Ink in Jet Black
  • Spellbinders Standard Large Circle Nestabilities
  • My Favorite Things Stitched Rectangle Dies
  • The Paper Company Assorted Cardstock Glitter Pack
  • Cardstock by Recollections™ 
  • Sprinkle Punch
  • Horizon Group, USA Chunky Glitter (from dollar section in Target)
  • Kuretake Zig Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Brush Marker
  • Acetate Sheets
  • Foam Tape

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost in the Inky Darkness

Today's card features a few of the new Tim Holtz Sizzix and Ranger Halloween products.  I could not wait to use the Tim Holtz Skulls 3-D Texture Fades embossing folder and combine it with Distress inks and spray stains. I started by inking the flat side of the embossing folder with Black Soot Distress Archival Ink.  I sprayed a panel of water color paper with water and carefully placed this paper into the embossing folder. I ran the embossing folder through my Sizzix Big Shot 3 times. I took the embossed panel out of the embossing folder and cleaned the embossing folder with StazOn All-Purpose Stamp Cleaner. Next, I sprayed the panel with Tim Holtz Decayed Distress Mica Stain.  This gave it a green tinge with a hint of sparkle.  I decided to seal the card panel by dipping a foam blending pad into Distress Micro Glaze and dabbing this onto the card panel.  I glued a black cardstock matte behind the embossed panel and adhered it to a white card base. For the sentiment, I used the &qu

Tim Holtz Spencer Halloween Card

I can't get enough of Tim Holtz's Colorize Spencer die set.  The detail and dimension of this image is absolutely amazing.  Today's card features Spencer, 3-D embossing folders, and a few other Tim Holtz Halloween dies sets. The main card panel was made by embossing a piece of silver foil cardstock using the Sizzix 3-D Textured Impressions Pinwheel embossing folder.  I watered down a few drops of black acrylic paint and used a paint brush to brush the paint onto the embossed panel.  I let the paint dry for about a minute and then took a paper towel to rub off the excess paint.  I adhered this panel to a black card base. The smaller card panel was made by embossing a piece of black cardstock with the Tim Holtz Sizzix 3-D Texture Fades Mini Cobblestone embossing folder.  I added a few drops of Sterling Distress Foundry Wax to a craft mat and used my finger to apply the Foundry Wax to the embossed panel.  I added a black matte behind this embossed panel and adhered it at an an

First Day of School

Today's layout was inspired by @christys_beautiful_life 30 Days of Sketches Round 8, Day 3.  I decided to focus the layout on a photo of this year's first day of school. The layout has several sketched circles.  I decided to break out the sewing machine and sew a few black circles using a variety of stitches.   The Scraptember challenge combined with this sketch was layering. So I grabbed the Simple Stories Smarty Pants collection and layered up a bunch of the branding strips and the patterned papers found on the journaling cards. I used the letter stickers from the collection to create the title.  I also used some of the stickers to embellish the title and photo, and also to create an embellishment cluster in the upper right corner of the layout.  To finish off the layout, I splattered it with black ink. I love the 30 Days of Sketches because it is a great way to use up older collections and challenges me to utilize techniques that I don't often use in my layouts. First Da