Skip to main content

Hello Spring

Today's card features a little mixed media along with the Spellbinders Fancy Edged Ovals and 24 Carrot die sets.  The weather is still cold and gloomy so I felt the need to bring on spring.

I started by ink smooshing three Distress Oxide inks onto a panel of watercolor cardstock.  I also added water to the inks and used a paintbrush to splatter each of the inks onto the panel.  I cut down the panel and adhered it to an A2-sized panel of rose gold foil cardstock.

I used the smallest scalloped oval from the Spellbinders Fancy Edged Ovals dies set to cut out 3 ovals from rose gold foil cardstock.  I also used the smallest stitched oval to cut three ovals from watercolor cardstock.  I centered the stitched watercolor oval onto the scalloped oval and glued them in horizontal alignment across the center of the watercolor panel.


I used the Spellbinders 24 Carrot die set to cut three bunnies from scraps of blue, pink, and purple cardstock.  I used scraps of cardstock to cut the rest of the pieces of the bunny, two carrots, and some foliage.  I paper pieced the bunnies together and glued each one to the center of the die-cut ovals matching them up with their corresponding colors on the watercolor panel.  I fussy cut an egg out of yellow cardstock and placed the carrots and egg under each of the bunnies' paws.


I used Picked Raspberry Distress Oxide ink to stamp the sentiment onto watercolor cardstock.  I matte the sentiment in rose gold foil cardstock.  I adhered the sentiment at the bottom center of the card using foam tape.  I glued some of the green foliage around the sentiment.  I used a white gel pen to add highlights to the bunnies and green foliage.


I love the combination of the mixed media with the oval die cuts.  This card is a perfect way to say goodbye to winter and hello to spring.


Hello Spring
Supplies:
  • Master's Touch Cold Press Water Color Paper
  • Recollections Rose Gold Foil Cardstock
  • Spellbinders Fancy Edged Ovals
  • Spellbinders March 2020 Small Die of the Month - 24 Carrot
  • Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Inks - Picked Raspberry, Wilted Violet, and Broken China
  • Paintbrush
  • Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Picked Raspberry
  • Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz Cling Mount Stamps - Spring Shadows

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost in the Inky Darkness

Today's card features a few of the new Tim Holtz Sizzix and Ranger Halloween products.  I could not wait to use the Tim Holtz Skulls 3-D Texture Fades embossing folder and combine it with Distress inks and spray stains. I started by inking the flat side of the embossing folder with Black Soot Distress Archival Ink.  I sprayed a panel of water color paper with water and carefully placed this paper into the embossing folder. I ran the embossing folder through my Sizzix Big Shot 3 times. I took the embossed panel out of the embossing folder and cleaned the embossing folder with StazOn All-Purpose Stamp Cleaner. Next, I sprayed the panel with Tim Holtz Decayed Distress Mica Stain.  This gave it a green tinge with a hint of sparkle.  I decided to seal the card panel by dipping a foam blending pad into Distress Micro Glaze and dabbing this onto the card panel.  I glued a black cardstock matte behind the embossed panel and adhered it to a white card base. For the sentiment, I used the &qu

Tim Holtz Spencer Halloween Card

I can't get enough of Tim Holtz's Colorize Spencer die set.  The detail and dimension of this image is absolutely amazing.  Today's card features Spencer, 3-D embossing folders, and a few other Tim Holtz Halloween dies sets. The main card panel was made by embossing a piece of silver foil cardstock using the Sizzix 3-D Textured Impressions Pinwheel embossing folder.  I watered down a few drops of black acrylic paint and used a paint brush to brush the paint onto the embossed panel.  I let the paint dry for about a minute and then took a paper towel to rub off the excess paint.  I adhered this panel to a black card base. The smaller card panel was made by embossing a piece of black cardstock with the Tim Holtz Sizzix 3-D Texture Fades Mini Cobblestone embossing folder.  I added a few drops of Sterling Distress Foundry Wax to a craft mat and used my finger to apply the Foundry Wax to the embossed panel.  I added a black matte behind this embossed panel and adhered it at an an

First Day of School

Today's layout was inspired by @christys_beautiful_life 30 Days of Sketches Round 8, Day 3.  I decided to focus the layout on a photo of this year's first day of school. The layout has several sketched circles.  I decided to break out the sewing machine and sew a few black circles using a variety of stitches.   The Scraptember challenge combined with this sketch was layering. So I grabbed the Simple Stories Smarty Pants collection and layered up a bunch of the branding strips and the patterned papers found on the journaling cards. I used the letter stickers from the collection to create the title.  I also used some of the stickers to embellish the title and photo, and also to create an embellishment cluster in the upper right corner of the layout.  To finish off the layout, I splattered it with black ink. I love the 30 Days of Sketches because it is a great way to use up older collections and challenges me to utilize techniques that I don't often use in my layouts. First Da