Skip to main content

Celebrate

Today's cards combine Momenta and Spellbinders die sets with a Sizzix Happy Birthday 3-D embossing folder.    
I started by embossing a variety of A2 cardstock panels.  I love the look of all the different birthday greetings the folder embosses, especially on foiled cardstock.  For one of the cards, I cut a scalloped oval out of pink glittered cardstock and adhered the oval to a white embossed panel.  For another card, I cut a scalloped oval out of the light blue foiled embossed panel and adhered this to a white card base.  For the third card, I adhered an orange embossed panel to a white card base.


Next, I looked through my paper scraps to find a variety of glittered patterned paper.  I also found scraps of coordinating solid cardstock.  I used the scraps of paper and the die set to create the cakes, banners, and sentiments.  



The cakes were adhered to either the die-cut scalloped ovals or a gilded rectangle.  I used a different Momenta die set to cut stars and confetti and glued them around the orange and black cake.  The other cakes were embellished with hearts and flowers from the die set.


For the final card, I embossed white cardstock using the balloon embossing folder included in the Momenta cut and emboss set.  I used the balloon die from the other Momenta die set to cut out one of the embossed balloons. I turned this into a shaker card using a variety of glitters.  I embellished the embossed white card front using blue and gold foil stars and confetti die-cut pieces.


I used my Foil Quill and orange foil to foil a birthday sentiment on black cardstock. I cut this using a smaller gilded rectangle die and adhered the sentiment to the inside of the orange and black card.  For the pastel birthday cards, I cut scalloped nesting rectangles and embellished them with the same hearts and flowers used to decorate the cake on the front of the cards.



These die sets can be used in so many ways.  In a small amount of time, I was able to create 4 different birthday designs.  I'm excited to see what else I can design using these sets.


Celebrate
Supplies:
  • Accent Opaque White Cardstock 100lb
  • Recollections Foil and Glitter Cardstock
  • Momenta Balloons and Congrats Cut & Emboss
  • Momenta Celebrate Cutting Templates
  • Sizzix Happy Birthday 3-D Textured Impressions
  • Spellbinders Gilded Nested Rectangle Die Set
  • Spellbinders Fancy Edged Ovals
  • We R Memory Keepers Foil Quill - Fine Tip
  • We R Memory Keepers 4x6 Heat Activated Foil Sheets - Flamingo
  • Cricut Explore
  • Recollections Memory Explosion Box Assorted Glitter Set
  • Foam Tape




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost in the Inky Darkness

Today's card features a few of the new Tim Holtz Sizzix and Ranger Halloween products.  I could not wait to use the Tim Holtz Skulls 3-D Texture Fades embossing folder and combine it with Distress inks and spray stains. I started by inking the flat side of the embossing folder with Black Soot Distress Archival Ink.  I sprayed a panel of water color paper with water and carefully placed this paper into the embossing folder. I ran the embossing folder through my Sizzix Big Shot 3 times. I took the embossed panel out of the embossing folder and cleaned the embossing folder with StazOn All-Purpose Stamp Cleaner. Next, I sprayed the panel with Tim Holtz Decayed Distress Mica Stain.  This gave it a green tinge with a hint of sparkle.  I decided to seal the card panel by dipping a foam blending pad into Distress Micro Glaze and dabbing this onto the card panel.  I glued a black cardstock matte behind the embossed panel and adhered it to a white card base. For the sentiment, I used the &qu

Tim Holtz Spencer Halloween Card

I can't get enough of Tim Holtz's Colorize Spencer die set.  The detail and dimension of this image is absolutely amazing.  Today's card features Spencer, 3-D embossing folders, and a few other Tim Holtz Halloween dies sets. The main card panel was made by embossing a piece of silver foil cardstock using the Sizzix 3-D Textured Impressions Pinwheel embossing folder.  I watered down a few drops of black acrylic paint and used a paint brush to brush the paint onto the embossed panel.  I let the paint dry for about a minute and then took a paper towel to rub off the excess paint.  I adhered this panel to a black card base. The smaller card panel was made by embossing a piece of black cardstock with the Tim Holtz Sizzix 3-D Texture Fades Mini Cobblestone embossing folder.  I added a few drops of Sterling Distress Foundry Wax to a craft mat and used my finger to apply the Foundry Wax to the embossed panel.  I added a black matte behind this embossed panel and adhered it at an an

First Day of School

Today's layout was inspired by @christys_beautiful_life 30 Days of Sketches Round 8, Day 3.  I decided to focus the layout on a photo of this year's first day of school. The layout has several sketched circles.  I decided to break out the sewing machine and sew a few black circles using a variety of stitches.   The Scraptember challenge combined with this sketch was layering. So I grabbed the Simple Stories Smarty Pants collection and layered up a bunch of the branding strips and the patterned papers found on the journaling cards. I used the letter stickers from the collection to create the title.  I also used some of the stickers to embellish the title and photo, and also to create an embellishment cluster in the upper right corner of the layout.  To finish off the layout, I splattered it with black ink. I love the 30 Days of Sketches because it is a great way to use up older collections and challenges me to utilize techniques that I don't often use in my layouts. First Da