Skip to main content

Easter Creations

This Easter layout features all the items I bought on my Spring Break crafting shopping spree. I used my new tools and the Simple Stories I Am collection to showcase the fabulous creations my mother made for Easter. 
I started by cutting a panel of striped paper from the collection and adhering it across the center of a piece of 12x12 white cardstock. I staggered three 4x 4 photos across the striped paper. I cut a 2-inch strip of the yellow patterned paper and glued it across the bottom of the layout. I also cut a very thin border of the striped paper and placed it across the top of the page.


I used the We R Memory Keepers Foil Quill to foil designs onto cardstock.  I used gold foil and the holiday We R Memory Keepers design drive to foil Easter eggs on light and dark turquoise cardstock.  I used the same gold foil and some images from the floral design drive to foil butterflies and foliage onto white cardstock. I placed the coordinating enamel dots from the collection in the centers of the foiled flowers. I also fussy cut several butterflies from a patterned paper in the collection.


I combined all these pieces with the collection’s ephemera pieces to create embellishment clusters in the three corners of the layout. For the middle of the layout, I cut a 4 x 3 piece of pink striped paper. I used a journal punch across the top of the pink paper. I used more ephemera and foiled pieces to embellish the center cluster.


For the title, I used a combination of Tim Holtz Sizzix Thinlits alphabet dies. 


For the final finishing touch, I die cut several small hearts from gold foil cardstock and scattered them within the embellishment clusters.


Not only do I love how the layout commemorates all the special things my mother created, but I also love how I was able to use all of my brand-new products to create this beautiful layout.


Easter Creations
Supplies:
  • Recollections White Cardstock
  • Simple Stories I am Paper Collection
  • Simple Stories I Am Enamel Dots
  • Simple Stories I am Ephemera Pack
  • Momenta Celebrations Die Set
  • Tim Holtz Sizzix Thinlits Alphanumeric Stretch
  • Tim Holtz Sizzix Thinlits Alphanumeric Bold
  • Sunny Days Project Pad
  • We R Memory Keepers Foil Quill
  • We R Memory Keepers Gold Foil
  • We R Memory Keepers Holidays Design Drive
  • We R Memory Keepers floral Design Drive
  • Maggie Holmes Day-To-Day Planner Punch Board

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost in the Inky Darkness

Today's card features a few of the new Tim Holtz Sizzix and Ranger Halloween products.  I could not wait to use the Tim Holtz Skulls 3-D Texture Fades embossing folder and combine it with Distress inks and spray stains. I started by inking the flat side of the embossing folder with Black Soot Distress Archival Ink.  I sprayed a panel of water color paper with water and carefully placed this paper into the embossing folder. I ran the embossing folder through my Sizzix Big Shot 3 times. I took the embossed panel out of the embossing folder and cleaned the embossing folder with StazOn All-Purpose Stamp Cleaner. Next, I sprayed the panel with Tim Holtz Decayed Distress Mica Stain.  This gave it a green tinge with a hint of sparkle.  I decided to seal the card panel by dipping a foam blending pad into Distress Micro Glaze and dabbing this onto the card panel.  I glued a black cardstock matte behind the embossed panel and adhered it to a white card base. For the sentiment, I used the &qu

Tim Holtz Spencer Halloween Card

I can't get enough of Tim Holtz's Colorize Spencer die set.  The detail and dimension of this image is absolutely amazing.  Today's card features Spencer, 3-D embossing folders, and a few other Tim Holtz Halloween dies sets. The main card panel was made by embossing a piece of silver foil cardstock using the Sizzix 3-D Textured Impressions Pinwheel embossing folder.  I watered down a few drops of black acrylic paint and used a paint brush to brush the paint onto the embossed panel.  I let the paint dry for about a minute and then took a paper towel to rub off the excess paint.  I adhered this panel to a black card base. The smaller card panel was made by embossing a piece of black cardstock with the Tim Holtz Sizzix 3-D Texture Fades Mini Cobblestone embossing folder.  I added a few drops of Sterling Distress Foundry Wax to a craft mat and used my finger to apply the Foundry Wax to the embossed panel.  I added a black matte behind this embossed panel and adhered it at an an

First Day of School

Today's layout was inspired by @christys_beautiful_life 30 Days of Sketches Round 8, Day 3.  I decided to focus the layout on a photo of this year's first day of school. The layout has several sketched circles.  I decided to break out the sewing machine and sew a few black circles using a variety of stitches.   The Scraptember challenge combined with this sketch was layering. So I grabbed the Simple Stories Smarty Pants collection and layered up a bunch of the branding strips and the patterned papers found on the journaling cards. I used the letter stickers from the collection to create the title.  I also used some of the stickers to embellish the title and photo, and also to create an embellishment cluster in the upper right corner of the layout.  To finish off the layout, I splattered it with black ink. I love the 30 Days of Sketches because it is a great way to use up older collections and challenges me to utilize techniques that I don't often use in my layouts. First Da