Skip to main content

Frenchie Halloween

Today’s interactive card features an image from the Simon Says Stamp Fall Frenchies stamp set and the Lawn Fawn Let’s Toast Pull Tab die set. 


I stamped the witch image and colored it using alcohol markers.  I cut off the image of the dog from the pumpkin, making sure to leave its paws attached to the pumpkin.  I used the Lawn Fawn Let’s Toast die set to make the dog’s head pop out of the pumpkin.

To create the scene, I cut some green grassy hillsides and adhered them to the bottom of the orange card panel.  I cut an oak tree using the Hello Bluebird Oak Tree die set and outlined the embossed lines on the tree using a brown marker.  I glued the tree on top of the grassy hillside.  I stamped and cut several leaves from the stamp set and colored them using a variety of alcohol markers.  The leaves were scattered amongst the scene.


I cut the sentiment from yellow cardstock using Tim Holtz’s Alphanumeric Label dies and adhered them to the bottom of the card.  The card panel was glued to a kraft card base.  I used Spellbinder’s Glimmer hot foil on orange cardstock to create the sentiment on the inside of the card.  I cut around the sentiment using some nested border dies.  These were adhered to dark brown cardstock and glued to the inside card base.




This card used several supplies from different paper crafting companies.  I love stretching my stamp and die sets to use them in new and fun ways.

Frenchie Halloween
Supplies:
  • Momento Jet Black Ink
  • Simon Says Stamp Fall Frenchies stamp set 
  • Brother Scan-N-Cut
  • Alcohol Markers Copic and Spectrum Noir
    • Dog (E39, E73, E35, E34, E11)
    • Pumpkin (OR1, GY3, GY1, CT2)
    • Leaves (CG3, CG1, OR1, CT2, BO3, BO1, GY3, GY1)
    • Hat (IG8, IG6, IG4, PL5, PL3)
  • Paper Studio Cardstock - Orange, Yellow, Dark Brown, Green, 
  • Recollections Cardstock - Kraft
  • Lawn Fawn Let’s Toast Pull Tab Die Set
  • My Favorite Things Die-Namics Scenic Safari
  • Hello Bluebird Oak Tree die set
  • Momenta Large Nested Border Metal Dies
  • Spellbinders Glimmer Hot Foil System
  • Spellbinders Birthday Hugs & Wishes Glimmer Plate
  • Spellbinders Silver Hot Foil
  • ½” Double-Sided Adhesive
  • Xyron Sticker Maker - Permanent Adhesive
  • Tombow Mono Aqua Liquid Glue
  • Foam Tape

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost in the Inky Darkness

Today's card features a few of the new Tim Holtz Sizzix and Ranger Halloween products.  I could not wait to use the Tim Holtz Skulls 3-D Texture Fades embossing folder and combine it with Distress inks and spray stains. I started by inking the flat side of the embossing folder with Black Soot Distress Archival Ink.  I sprayed a panel of water color paper with water and carefully placed this paper into the embossing folder. I ran the embossing folder through my Sizzix Big Shot 3 times. I took the embossed panel out of the embossing folder and cleaned the embossing folder with StazOn All-Purpose Stamp Cleaner. Next, I sprayed the panel with Tim Holtz Decayed Distress Mica Stain.  This gave it a green tinge with a hint of sparkle.  I decided to seal the card panel by dipping a foam blending pad into Distress Micro Glaze and dabbing this onto the card panel.  I glued a black cardstock matte behind the embossed panel and adhered it to a white card base. For the sentiment, I used the &qu

Tim Holtz Spencer Halloween Card

I can't get enough of Tim Holtz's Colorize Spencer die set.  The detail and dimension of this image is absolutely amazing.  Today's card features Spencer, 3-D embossing folders, and a few other Tim Holtz Halloween dies sets. The main card panel was made by embossing a piece of silver foil cardstock using the Sizzix 3-D Textured Impressions Pinwheel embossing folder.  I watered down a few drops of black acrylic paint and used a paint brush to brush the paint onto the embossed panel.  I let the paint dry for about a minute and then took a paper towel to rub off the excess paint.  I adhered this panel to a black card base. The smaller card panel was made by embossing a piece of black cardstock with the Tim Holtz Sizzix 3-D Texture Fades Mini Cobblestone embossing folder.  I added a few drops of Sterling Distress Foundry Wax to a craft mat and used my finger to apply the Foundry Wax to the embossed panel.  I added a black matte behind this embossed panel and adhered it at an an

First Day of School

Today's layout was inspired by @christys_beautiful_life 30 Days of Sketches Round 8, Day 3.  I decided to focus the layout on a photo of this year's first day of school. The layout has several sketched circles.  I decided to break out the sewing machine and sew a few black circles using a variety of stitches.   The Scraptember challenge combined with this sketch was layering. So I grabbed the Simple Stories Smarty Pants collection and layered up a bunch of the branding strips and the patterned papers found on the journaling cards. I used the letter stickers from the collection to create the title.  I also used some of the stickers to embellish the title and photo, and also to create an embellishment cluster in the upper right corner of the layout.  To finish off the layout, I splattered it with black ink. I love the 30 Days of Sketches because it is a great way to use up older collections and challenges me to utilize techniques that I don't often use in my layouts. First Da