Skip to main content

All I Need Is...

Last year, I purchased a few fall items that I wanted to use together to create a birthday card.  I did not have a plan going into the creation of this card.  I created different elements and then decided how they would best fit together.  I started out by cutting a 4.25” x by 5.5” piece of red foil cardstock and embossed it using the Doily 3-D Textured Impressions embossing folder by Sizzix.  The red foil cardstock embossed beautifully.  
I mounted this panel to a kraft card base using double-sided adhesive.  I used the same red foil cardstock to cut a coffee cup and handle using the Spellbinders Cup and Beans die set.   I also used dark brown cardstock to cut several coffee beans from the same die set. I wanted the coffee to be a cappuccino, but the die set does not have a foam die.  I found a foam image using Cricut Design Space and cut it with my Cricut machine.  I colored the foam using alcohol markers.  I used a blue watercolor background from my stash and used foam tape to glue the background to the red foil embossed panel.  I glued a pile of die-cut coffee beans at the bottom of the card panel and glued the coffee cup and foam slightly above the pile of coffee beans.
I stamped an image from the Simon Says Stamp Fall Frenchies stamp set and colored the image using alcohol markers.  The stamped image was popped up with foam tape so that it appeared as though the dog was sitting on top of the pile of coffee beans and leaning against the coffee cup.


On the inside of the card, I stamped a sentiment from the stamp set that says, "All I need is a pumpkin spice latte, a cozy sweater, and my dog."  

I had a great time playing with some of my new products and challenging myself to use them in a creative way.  The recipient of this card loved the combination of the stamped image along with the coffee cup and coffee beans die cuts.  Her only complaint was that I covered up too much of the foil embossed card panel. 😜

All I Need Is...
Supplies:
  • Recollections Cardstock - Kraft, Off White, White, Dark Brown, Red Foil Cardstock Paper
  • Strathmore Bristol Smooth Cardstock
  • White Gesso
  • Blue Watercolor
  • Sizzix Doily 3-D Textured Impressions Embossing Folder
  • Spellbinders Cup and Beans Die Set
  • Momento Jet Black Ink
  • Simon Says Stamp Fall Frenchies Stamp Set 
  • Brother Scan-N-Cut
  • Alcohol Markers Copic and Spectrum Noir
    • Dog (E39, E73, E35, E34, E11)
    • Sweater and Scarf (TB9, TB4, PL5, PL3, YG 17, YG13)
    • Coffee Foam (E11, E00, Blender)
  • ½” Double-Sided Adhesive
  • Foam Tape
  • Tombow Mono Aqua Liquid Glue

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost in the Inky Darkness

Today's card features a few of the new Tim Holtz Sizzix and Ranger Halloween products.  I could not wait to use the Tim Holtz Skulls 3-D Texture Fades embossing folder and combine it with Distress inks and spray stains. I started by inking the flat side of the embossing folder with Black Soot Distress Archival Ink.  I sprayed a panel of water color paper with water and carefully placed this paper into the embossing folder. I ran the embossing folder through my Sizzix Big Shot 3 times. I took the embossed panel out of the embossing folder and cleaned the embossing folder with StazOn All-Purpose Stamp Cleaner. Next, I sprayed the panel with Tim Holtz Decayed Distress Mica Stain.  This gave it a green tinge with a hint of sparkle.  I decided to seal the card panel by dipping a foam blending pad into Distress Micro Glaze and dabbing this onto the card panel.  I glued a black cardstock matte behind the embossed panel and adhered it to a white card base. For the sentiment, I used the &qu

Tim Holtz Spencer Halloween Card

I can't get enough of Tim Holtz's Colorize Spencer die set.  The detail and dimension of this image is absolutely amazing.  Today's card features Spencer, 3-D embossing folders, and a few other Tim Holtz Halloween dies sets. The main card panel was made by embossing a piece of silver foil cardstock using the Sizzix 3-D Textured Impressions Pinwheel embossing folder.  I watered down a few drops of black acrylic paint and used a paint brush to brush the paint onto the embossed panel.  I let the paint dry for about a minute and then took a paper towel to rub off the excess paint.  I adhered this panel to a black card base. The smaller card panel was made by embossing a piece of black cardstock with the Tim Holtz Sizzix 3-D Texture Fades Mini Cobblestone embossing folder.  I added a few drops of Sterling Distress Foundry Wax to a craft mat and used my finger to apply the Foundry Wax to the embossed panel.  I added a black matte behind this embossed panel and adhered it at an an

First Day of School

Today's layout was inspired by @christys_beautiful_life 30 Days of Sketches Round 8, Day 3.  I decided to focus the layout on a photo of this year's first day of school. The layout has several sketched circles.  I decided to break out the sewing machine and sew a few black circles using a variety of stitches.   The Scraptember challenge combined with this sketch was layering. So I grabbed the Simple Stories Smarty Pants collection and layered up a bunch of the branding strips and the patterned papers found on the journaling cards. I used the letter stickers from the collection to create the title.  I also used some of the stickers to embellish the title and photo, and also to create an embellishment cluster in the upper right corner of the layout.  To finish off the layout, I splattered it with black ink. I love the 30 Days of Sketches because it is a great way to use up older collections and challenges me to utilize techniques that I don't often use in my layouts. First Da