Skip to main content

You Are A Little Crazy

Today's layout features my son's crazy antics and several Vicki Boutin products. To prepare the white cardstock, I covered it with a layer of clear gesso.  Once it was dry, I used a red Vicki Boutin Art Crayon mixed with a little bit of water and applied it through a Vicki Boutin circular stencil using a stencil brush.  I applied this to most of the cardstock and then repeated the process using an orange art crayon.  I used a pallet knife to apply Finnabair Golden Nugget Effect Paste through another Vicki Boutin circular stencil diagonally across the page.  To finish off the background, I mixed black acrylic paint with water and splattered it on the page. 


I matte the smaller photo with an orange piece of patterned paper from the Vicki Boutin's 6x8 Color Study paper pad and matte the larger photo with the "Say Cheese" 12x12 piece of paper from the Kaleidescope collection.  I also placed a piece of this paper behind the smaller photo. I used a 2" circle punch to punch several circles from these same pieces of paper as well as a the yellow star paper from the Color Study 6x8 paper pad.  The photo mattes and all the circles were inked with Black Soot Distress ink.


I placed the larger photo in the upper left corner and the smaller photo in the lower right corner.  I clustered three of the circles around each photo.  I overlapped four of the circles above the smaller photo.  To create the title, "You are A Little Crazy", I used a combination of Puffy and Chipboard Thickers.  I used the same Thickers to embellish the main photo.  I added a Vicki Boutin Sweet Rush sticker near the bottom of each photo.  I placed a puffy camera sticker in the yellow circle near the bottom photo.  The title and photo clusters were embellished with star chipboard Thickers.  


I die cut a small tag from yellow lined paper and added my journaling.  Black and white baker's twine was added to the top of the tag, it was inked with Black Soot Distress Ink and tucked behind the main photo.


This mixed media layout was so much fun to create and really displays my son's crazy personality.

You Are A Little Crazy
Supplies:
  • 12x12 White Cardstock
  • Clear Gesso
  • Vicki Boutin Art Crayons - red and orange
  • Vicki Boutin Storyteller Radiate Stencils
  • Stencil Brush
  • Finnabair Golden Nugget Effect Paste
  • Black Acrylic Paint
  • Vicki Boutin Kaleidoscope Say Cheese Paper
  • Vicki Boutin Color Study 6x8 Paper Pad - Yellow Stars and Orange Paper
  • EK Success 2" Circle Punch
  • Black Soot Distress Ink
  • Vicki Boutin Sweet Rush Stickers
  • Gold Foil Chipboard Thickers - Escape the Ordinary
  • Puffy Thickers - Honey
  • Chipboard Thickers - Miscellanea
  • Paper House Sticky Pix Puffy Camera Stickers
  • Hero Arts Nested Tag Dies
  • Black and White Bakers Twine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost in the Inky Darkness

Today's card features a few of the new Tim Holtz Sizzix and Ranger Halloween products.  I could not wait to use the Tim Holtz Skulls 3-D Texture Fades embossing folder and combine it with Distress inks and spray stains. I started by inking the flat side of the embossing folder with Black Soot Distress Archival Ink.  I sprayed a panel of water color paper with water and carefully placed this paper into the embossing folder. I ran the embossing folder through my Sizzix Big Shot 3 times. I took the embossed panel out of the embossing folder and cleaned the embossing folder with StazOn All-Purpose Stamp Cleaner. Next, I sprayed the panel with Tim Holtz Decayed Distress Mica Stain.  This gave it a green tinge with a hint of sparkle.  I decided to seal the card panel by dipping a foam blending pad into Distress Micro Glaze and dabbing this onto the card panel.  I glued a black cardstock matte behind the embossed panel and adhered it to a white card base. For the sentiment, I used the &qu

Tim Holtz Spencer Halloween Card

I can't get enough of Tim Holtz's Colorize Spencer die set.  The detail and dimension of this image is absolutely amazing.  Today's card features Spencer, 3-D embossing folders, and a few other Tim Holtz Halloween dies sets. The main card panel was made by embossing a piece of silver foil cardstock using the Sizzix 3-D Textured Impressions Pinwheel embossing folder.  I watered down a few drops of black acrylic paint and used a paint brush to brush the paint onto the embossed panel.  I let the paint dry for about a minute and then took a paper towel to rub off the excess paint.  I adhered this panel to a black card base. The smaller card panel was made by embossing a piece of black cardstock with the Tim Holtz Sizzix 3-D Texture Fades Mini Cobblestone embossing folder.  I added a few drops of Sterling Distress Foundry Wax to a craft mat and used my finger to apply the Foundry Wax to the embossed panel.  I added a black matte behind this embossed panel and adhered it at an an

First Day of School

Today's layout was inspired by @christys_beautiful_life 30 Days of Sketches Round 8, Day 3.  I decided to focus the layout on a photo of this year's first day of school. The layout has several sketched circles.  I decided to break out the sewing machine and sew a few black circles using a variety of stitches.   The Scraptember challenge combined with this sketch was layering. So I grabbed the Simple Stories Smarty Pants collection and layered up a bunch of the branding strips and the patterned papers found on the journaling cards. I used the letter stickers from the collection to create the title.  I also used some of the stickers to embellish the title and photo, and also to create an embellishment cluster in the upper right corner of the layout.  To finish off the layout, I splattered it with black ink. I love the 30 Days of Sketches because it is a great way to use up older collections and challenges me to utilize techniques that I don't often use in my layouts. First Da