Skip to main content

Relax Unplug

It was so much fun to go to the beach in October.  We headed to St. Simon's Island for Fall Break and even though it was overcast the entire weekend, we had a great time.


I bought the entire Sunny Days collection and thought it would be perfect for this layout.  I combined it with some older My Mind's Eye patterned paper that I had in my stash.  The colors of both paper collections coordinated perfectly.


It has been a long time since I have done a double page layout.  I decided to take it one page at a time.  I took the plaid paper and cut the frame shape using my Cricut machine.  I cut this shape into 2 pieces and used the larger piece of the page pointing downward on the main page and the smaller piece pointing to the right on the second page.  I only had small strips of the Sunny Days mermaid scales paper and gold glitter cardstock.  I used these strips along with a strip of the Indie Chic Forest paper and layered them next to the plaid paper. I also cut a circle using my Cricut and placed half the circle on the main page above the strips of paper and used the other half on the side of the second page.


I used the Fun Stampers Journey Banner Parade Dies to cut some banners out of Sunny Days patterned paper. I layered these banners on the main page, popping up the top banner with some foam tape.  I used a Sizzix Thinlits alphabet die set to cut my date and location out of the Sunny Days gold glitter cardstock.  The location was glued to the banner on the main page and I placed the date near the bottom of the second page.


I was so excited to finally be able to use the shell patterned paper from the Sunny Days collection. This is my favorite paper out of the entire collection and since we spent most of our time on the beach searching for shells, this was the perfect embellishment for the pages.  I fussy cut the gold foiled shells that coordinated well with the strips of gold glitter cardstock.  I made a visual triangle with the shells on both pages and finished the page with some stickers and ephemera from the Sunny Days collection along with some chipboard Thickers.


I don't normally create double page layouts, but the coordination of the Crate Paper and My Mind's Eye patterned papers made these two pages flow together nicely.

Relax Unplug
Supplies:
  • Paper
    • Crate Paper Maggie Holmes Sunny Days Project Pad, 12x12 Paper Pad, Project Pad, and 6x8 Paper Pad
    • My Mind's Eye
      • Miss Caroline by Jen Allyson (2012) Howdy Doody "Happy" Beach Stripe Paper
      • Miss Caroline by Jen Allyson (2012) Dolled Up "Favorite" Madras Paper
      • Indie Chic (2012) Citron "What A Day" Forest Paper
  • Fun Stampers Journey Banner Parade Die Templates
  • Sizzix Thinlits Alphabet Set by Emily Tootle
  • Sizzix Thinlits Alphabet Label by Tim Holtz
  • Crate Paper Maggie Holmes Sunny Days Clear Sticker Book
  • Crate Paper Maggie Holmes Sunny Days Ephemera
  • My Mind's Eye Indie Chic (2012) Nutmeg "Hanging Out" Label Stickers
  • American Crafts Thickers Chipboard Phrase Stickers - Blessed
  • Cricut
    • Tag #M804E1D0
    • Circle #M369879
  • Foam Tape

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost in the Inky Darkness

Today's card features a few of the new Tim Holtz Sizzix and Ranger Halloween products.  I could not wait to use the Tim Holtz Skulls 3-D Texture Fades embossing folder and combine it with Distress inks and spray stains. I started by inking the flat side of the embossing folder with Black Soot Distress Archival Ink.  I sprayed a panel of water color paper with water and carefully placed this paper into the embossing folder. I ran the embossing folder through my Sizzix Big Shot 3 times. I took the embossed panel out of the embossing folder and cleaned the embossing folder with StazOn All-Purpose Stamp Cleaner. Next, I sprayed the panel with Tim Holtz Decayed Distress Mica Stain.  This gave it a green tinge with a hint of sparkle.  I decided to seal the card panel by dipping a foam blending pad into Distress Micro Glaze and dabbing this onto the card panel.  I glued a black cardstock matte behind the embossed panel and adhered it to a white card base. For the sentiment, I used the &qu

Tim Holtz Spencer Halloween Card

I can't get enough of Tim Holtz's Colorize Spencer die set.  The detail and dimension of this image is absolutely amazing.  Today's card features Spencer, 3-D embossing folders, and a few other Tim Holtz Halloween dies sets. The main card panel was made by embossing a piece of silver foil cardstock using the Sizzix 3-D Textured Impressions Pinwheel embossing folder.  I watered down a few drops of black acrylic paint and used a paint brush to brush the paint onto the embossed panel.  I let the paint dry for about a minute and then took a paper towel to rub off the excess paint.  I adhered this panel to a black card base. The smaller card panel was made by embossing a piece of black cardstock with the Tim Holtz Sizzix 3-D Texture Fades Mini Cobblestone embossing folder.  I added a few drops of Sterling Distress Foundry Wax to a craft mat and used my finger to apply the Foundry Wax to the embossed panel.  I added a black matte behind this embossed panel and adhered it at an an

First Day of School

Today's layout was inspired by @christys_beautiful_life 30 Days of Sketches Round 8, Day 3.  I decided to focus the layout on a photo of this year's first day of school. The layout has several sketched circles.  I decided to break out the sewing machine and sew a few black circles using a variety of stitches.   The Scraptember challenge combined with this sketch was layering. So I grabbed the Simple Stories Smarty Pants collection and layered up a bunch of the branding strips and the patterned papers found on the journaling cards. I used the letter stickers from the collection to create the title.  I also used some of the stickers to embellish the title and photo, and also to create an embellishment cluster in the upper right corner of the layout.  To finish off the layout, I splattered it with black ink. I love the 30 Days of Sketches because it is a great way to use up older collections and challenges me to utilize techniques that I don't often use in my layouts. First Da